A 1’15 h visit with official tourist guide on Saturdays July 2, August 6 and September 3 in two shifts: at 10:30 a.m and at 12:00 p.m.

Meeting point: in front of the Capitanía Palace (gardens entrance)

Price for the guided service: 5€ (children under 5 years free)

Note: The visit will be done with a mask indoors if the Navy requires it. Prior reservation essential.

To book guided tours call Fertur Guías +34 696 531 070



The old palace of the Maritime Captaincy of Ferrol was built more than two centuries ago in the heart of the neighborhood of A Magdalena. This large construction dominates Ferrol’s estuary and the Arsenal from the top, next to the gardens of Herrera and a  Parador de Turismo hotel.

Its sober and imposing exterior contrasts with its sumptuous interior with large rooms decorated with furniture of noble woods, imposing lamps, carpets and many clocks. In its rooms hang works of art inventoried by the Prado Museum and lent to Ferrol as a deposit. The highlight is the throne room, with a canopy and large curtains, the dining room, the imperial mahogany staircase and the blue room, with portraits of illustrious sailors like Churruca, the hero of the Trafalgar Battle.

The palace was occupied by Queen Isabella II of Spain, her husband and her son, the future Alfonso XII during his official visit to Ferrol in 1858. In it, more than a hundred general captains from the 18th to the 21st century have also spent the night.

It is currently the headquarters of the Naval Archive of Ferrol.


This post is also available in: Spanish Galician

Este sitio web utiliza cookies para que vostede teña a mellor experiencia de usuario. Se continúa navegando está dando o seu consentimento para a aceptación das mencionadas cookies e a aceptación da nosa política de cookies, prema no enlace para maior información.

Aviso de cookies