It is located in the lower area of the Magdalena neighborhood, in front of the Herrerías building of the military Arsenal. It extends between two squares, Plaza de Galicia and Plaza de las Angustias.
It was the first of all the great poplar groves in Galicia commissioned by Charles III in 1816. Throughout the centuries, species from overseas have been brought to these gardens. For example, the cedar of the Himalayas. Today it has a children’s playground and a small music kiosk.